Northern Appraisal prepares written estate appraisals for clientele to help settle an estate for tax purposes. These appraisals can also be used as a tool to construct a will or a trust.
market values are assessed to the jewelry. We understand USPAP guidelines and have
experience writing estate appraisals. We properly identify and determine values for the
probate court and/or the IRS.
Rest assured that we have the appropriate credentials and understand the specific government layout requirements of an estate appraisal. We do not buy jewelry; therefore, our values are unbiased and we will give you a fair assessment on the items.
Beware: There are many appraisers out there that are also buyers. If you are shopping for an appraiser, ask if they buy also.
Our estate appraisals include the following:
- A detailed description of the item
- A picture
- The total weight of the piece
- Metal weights
- Stone weights
- A notation of any trademarks
- Cut, color, and clarity grading of the center stone(s) plus a separate carat weight
- A separate weight and grading of side stones
- Stone measurements of the center stone
- Notations of laser inscriptions
- Identifying qualities such as florescence and condition of the item
Please call us at 614-898-7927 for an appointment. We appraise everything in front of you, while you wait. You don't have to worry about your jewelry. Multiple pieces can be dropped off in the morning and picked up at a scheduled time that day if you don't want to stay. Nothing is kept overnight. What jeweler or appraiser could do the same?